The Westinghouse WGen 7500 is another world class portable generator from one of the worlds most innovative companies founded back in 1886. If you’re looking for a gas powered portable generator that packs a punch then look no further.
The Westinghouse WGen 7500 has 7500 Watts with a peak wattage of 9500 making it one of the most powerful generators in its class.
With a huge 6.6 Gallon fuel tank you can rest assured this portable generator is capable of running for long periods of time right when you need it.
Ideal for emergency home power backup or perfect for recreational use like camping and home DIY. No matter what you need to power up 7500 watts is going to be plenty.
Let us take a look at some of the technical states first.
● Runs for 16 hours on 6.6 Gallons of full which also has a built-in fuel gauge.
● Built-in protection. Automatic low oil shutdown, automatic overload protection and voltage regulation.
● Visual alerts. For safety, this generator has visual alerts. These are eye-catching and clear; you can’t miss them! The alerts appear when the oil is low, when the generator is overloaded, and when it is ready to work.
● Push button electric start with remote key fob for easy starting. Also has a back up pull cord starter.
● Top quality 420cc 4-stroke OHV Westinghouse engine. A proven tough workhorse engine
● The l14-30r outlets is transfer switch ready, connecting straight to your home for total household power and eliminating the hassle for annoying extention cords.
● 3-Year warranty and lifetime technical support backed by their nationawide customer service network.
● Quiet function. This generator is known for its low noise-emission (only about 73db). This helps to avoid disturbing nearby campers and to preserve the sounds of nature. Among generators of all kinds, this is a highly sought-after feature. Check out the sound rating in our TOP 10 Quietest Generator Review.
● Perfect for emergencies. This generator can serve as a lifesaving backup in the case of a storm, earthquake, power outage, or the like. With this unit, you can keep lights and heat on, warm your food, and more. Knowing that you will always be able to access these necessities is a great way to stay calm.
● Ideal for construction. There is unlikely to be electricity available on-site at a construction zone. You will doubtless still need to run lights, music, some power tools, etc. Set up your generator and it will provide power until you complete your task (Up to 16 hours).
Last update on 2020-10-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In a hurry? See our ratings for WGen7500
Westinghouse WGen7500 Tech Specs
Run watts: 7500 – 9500 peak
Run time 25% load: 16 hours
Run time 50% load: 11 hours
Fuel tank capacity: 6.6 Gallons
Noise level: 73 dBA
Weight: 192 LBS
Dimensions: 27.20 X 26.10 X 26 Inches
Outlets: 2 X Duplex 120v 20A 5-20R 1 X 120/240 V 30A L14-30R
Material: Steel and Plastic
Engine: 420 cc
Starting method: Electric push button
The WGen 7500 is a duel fuel generator which allows you the flexibility and convenience in choosing whether you want to use gasoline or propane. Giving you option to run the generator on either fuel types. Giving you a total running time of over 16 hours on a full tank of fuel.
Wattage & Power Output
7500 Watts Standing with 9000 Watts at peak power output. This latest range from Westinghouse is designed to power homes and businesses in times of power outages and times of crisis.
With a peak power of 9000 Watts this portable generator is capable of running any household appliances or multiple items.
What we liked about it....
Why Choose the WGen7500 Portable Generator?
Out of the box
Westinghouse generators are designed as plug-and-go machines so they are ready for use as soon as it arrives. This model even comes transfer switch ready with an L14-30 30A 120/240v twist lock.
Simply follow the user instructions provided and you’ll be up and running in no time at all. No prep work, just add fuel and you’re off.
We have included a link at the start of this article to the user guide and manual for this model.
However, If you’re like me you probably won’t read it.
Strong and Sturdy
This generator is not lightest generator we have ever used and tested but this is due to the steel construction which makes it perfect for more industrial uses like welding, DIY and construction work.
Weighing in at just over 200 lbs it’s a good job it comes on wheels which makes it actually very easy to move around.
The WGen7500 features Push-Button Electric Start, conveniently pairing with a wireless remote key fob for effortless ignition. Forged with a cast iron sleeve, the WGen7500 has a 420cc 4-Stroke OHV Westinghouse Engine constructed for durability. It’s equipped with a built-in fuel gauge, automatic low oil shutdown, and GFCI household outlets for added protection.
The overall performance from this engine is second to non. The 420cc engine and generator in general performed really well and we really couldn’t fault it and coming from a well known market leader like Westinghouse we expected nothing less to be honest.
The L14-30R outlet is Transfer Switch Ready, connecting straight to your home or RV for instant household power and eliminating the need for extension cords. The WGen7500 is easy to care for with a VFT Data Center to share real-time updates on maintenance information, ensuring long life and lasting utility.
Final Thoughts: Westinghouse WGen7500
When looking at this model we couldn’t help compare it to the Champion 7500 generator which has a similar wattage output and was very similar in quality. However, we feel that Westing house just pipped in in quality and reputation for reliability.
Therefore our choice would be the Westinghouse 7500, However, we do recommend you look at all the options. Here are a few we found on Amazon: ALL POWER AMERICAN 10,000 WATTS, SIMPSONS SPG7593E, and the PULSAR5 as a smaller option.