Buying a generator under $1000 can be more tricky than it sounds. For one, you may not recognize some of the models within this price range and secondly, you need to find a generator that will have the power you need for under $1000.
When buying a portable generator under $1000 there are a few things you need to consider and check. Below are a few things to check before committing to spending $1000 on something that might not be suitable for your needs.
- Size and Weight
- Power output and startup wattage
- Run time
- Fuel type and tank capacity
- Pull cord or electric start
- Quality and Guarantees
Here are the 5 we picked
|Image||Click to Edit||Buy|
|Top Top||Westinghouse WGen7500||Latest Price on Amazon|
|Top Top||Westinghouse iGen4500||Latest Price on Amazon|
|Top Top||WEN 56380i 3800-Watt||Latest Price on Amazon|
|Top Top||Champion Power 7500-Watt||Latest Price on Amazon|
|Top Top||DuroMax XP5500EH||Latest Price on Amazon|
The 5 generators we have chosen below $1000 have all the qualities we would look for in a more expensive model.
A combination of price, size and power output are the three main concerns but also aspects like the number of outlets, electric start or pull-cord (might be important for elderly users), and many other factors.
The five generators below all offer top-quality performance with some of the highest wattage outputs we could find under $1000.
Capable of powering all your appliances when out camping, fishing, tailgating, or whenever your needs are. These five have you covered.
5. Westinghouse WGen7500
- 7500 Running Watts and 9500 Peak Watts; Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 11 Hours of Run Time on a 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle and One L14-30R 120/240V Twist-Lock Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Plug-and-Play: Comes with a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a Users Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- Powered by a 420cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve with Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter. Noise Level-72 dBA
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service Network
4. Westinghouse iGen4500
- 3700 Rated Watts and 4500 Peak Watts at Less Than 3% THD – Telescoping Handle – Gas Powered – Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start
- Features a 5–20R 120V Duplex Household Outlet, an RV-Ready Tt-30R 30 Amp Outlet and Two USB Outlets – Great Choice for Travel Trailers or Home Use – Strong Enough to Run All Your Essentials
- Led Data Center: Rotating Digital Display Shows Fuel Level, Power Output, Remaining Run Time, Voltage Output, and Lifetime Hours
- Extremely Quiet, Extremely Fuel Efficient: as Low as 52 dBA Noise Output and Up to 18 Hour Run Time on a 3. 4 Gallon Gas Tank – Features “Economy Mode” for Maximum Fuel Efficiency
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA, USFS, and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service and Support Network at 1-855-944-3571 or email@example.com
3. WEN 56380i Super Quiet
- Dimensions: 23.2 L x 18 W x 20.1 H | Weight: 110.8 lb
- EPA III and CARB Compliant
- 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 3800 surge watts and 3400 rated watts with a half-load runtime of up to 8.5 hours
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down
- Produces clean power to prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as smart phones, tablets and laptops
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one AC 120V NEMA TT-30R RV receptacle, one 12V DC receptacle, one 5V USB port, a digital load and fuel display
2. Champion Power 7500-Watt
- Ultra-Powerful: At 9375 starting watts and 7500 running watts, enjoy up to 8 hours of run time on a full tank of gasoline with a noise level of 74 dBA from 23 feet
- Electric start: Trust the reliable 420cc Champion engine with its battery-included electric start featuring a reliable toggle switch, plus built-in Cold Start Technology for easy starts in cold weather
- Covered Outlets: Four 120V 20A GFCI outlets, a120/240V 30A locking outlet and a 120/240V 50A outlet (14-50R), plus Volt Guard built-in surge protector prevents overloads and keeps your equipment safe
- Intelligauge: Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals
- Champion Support: Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
1. DuroMax XP5500EH
- Your purchase includes One DuroMax XP5500EH 5000 watt Dual Fuel Hybrid generator with Electric Start, One oil funnel, One spark plug wrench, tools set, wheels and handle kit, DC charging cables and owner’s manual
- Portable Generator dimensions: 24” L x 17 W x 17 H. Product weight: 127 lbs
- Specifications: Noise level – 69 dB. Fuel tank capacity (GASOLINE) – 3.96 gallons. Suggested tank size (PROPANE) – 20 gallons
- The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice.Horsepower (hp):7.5
- With 5,500 starting watts and 4,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools. Operate at both 120 V and 240 V simultaneously, or at 120 only with full power
So there you have it. The 5 best portable generators under $1000 in our opinion. There are a few more that caught our eye. But to be honest these 5 do the job perfectly.
Sometimes too many options can simply confuse you and send you round in circles trying to figure it all out.
if it’s the biggest wattage generator you’re looking for – to maybe power your RV or Trailer – then we suggest the Westinghouse WGen7500.
Perfect for powering the most demanding appliances like refrigerators and air conditioners for long periods of time during power outages.