The Generac GP30001 generator is perfect for the adventurer, with the ability to charge devices, appliances, and tools away from home. The generator adjusts to your needs, with a special economy mode to conserve fuel. Or, you can crank it up to full throttle to power a variety of gear at one time.
Use the Generac to bring electricity to your campsite (lights, heat, and more), or simply to charge small devices; whatever you require, your Generac GP3000i portable generator will be there. This unit can even run moderately-powerful appliances like a microwave, Lighting or heating in those colder climates. No wonder if features well in our TOP 10 Budget Portable Generator Review.
And of course, there is the classic generator use: electricity in the case of emergency. If your power goes out, you can keep the house full of light and warmth, and even the modern day essentials like Wifi and the internet to keep the children happy.
I have used one of these generators in many power-outs to keep my aquarium running through the longer power out periods as not to lose my beloved aquarium fish!
There are many reasons why you may want a new portable power generator. But is the Generac GP30001 the right one for your needs?
Lets take a closer look at the Geberac GP30001 and see how it compares to other models on the market today.
Last update on 2020-10-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In a hurry? See our ratings below
● Portable. This generator is lightweight, with compact casing. This makes it easy to carry and perfect for travel. There is even a handle, molded to the case for a streamlined design.
● Economy Mode. Why run your generator at full power if you only a couple of things are plugged in? This generator has an Economy Mode option, which enables it to match its power output to a load automatically. As a result, economy mode both reduces noise emissions and burns less fuel.
● Visual alerts. For safety, this generator has visual alerts. These are eye-catching and clear; you can’t miss them! The alerts appear when the oil is low, when the generator is overloaded, and when it is ready to work.
● Low oil shutdown. To avoid any damage to the unit, this generator also has an automatic shut down in the case of low oil.
● Powers multiple appliances at a time. The Generac GP3000i Portable Generator can power an array of appliances, including lights, space heaters, sump pumps, window air conditioners, microwaves, refrigerators and freezers, power tools, and more.
● User-friendly control dial. This generator has three operation settings, which you can control with a user-friendly dial. These are: run, off, and choke.
● Overload protection. To preserve the unit, and any plugged-in devices, this unit comes with a circuit breaker. This will serve as overload protection and help keep everything secure.
● CARB-compliant. The Generac GP3000i is CARB-compliant, making it suitable for use everywhere.
● Spark arrestor. With this generator, you will not have to worry about sparks. This means that it can be used in forest areas, even when it is a dry season. Use this generator any time without the risk of a fire.
● Connectability. These units are specially made to connect parallel. This creates double the power! Combining portable generators is a popular method to take advantage of their small size. You can pack them separately and then set them up to create one big generator that is ultra-powerful.
● Quiet function. This generator is known for its low noise-emission (only about 70db). This helps to avoid disturbing nearby campers and to preserve the sounds of nature. Among generators of all kinds, this is a highly sought-after feature. Check out the sound rating in our TOP 10 Quietest Generator Review.
● Inverter. Inverter generators are gentle with delicate electronics, fuel-efficient, quiet, and are generally some of the best of their kind available.
● Perfect for emergencies. This generator can serve as a lifesaving backup in the case of a storm, earthquake, power outage, or the like. With this unit, you can keep lights and heat on, warm your food, and more. Knowing that you will always be able to access these necessities is a great way to stay calm.
● Ideal for construction. There is unlikely to be electricity available on-site at a construction zone. You will doubtless still need to run lights, music, some power tools, etc. Set up your generator and it will provide power until you complete your task (4-5 hours).
● Useful for DIY. This portable generator can replace extension cords at home. Sometimes the spot you need to work on is too far. Set up the Generac GP3000i Portable Generator, and you can access 4 electrical outlets wherever you may be.
● 2-year limited warranty.
Run time: around 5.8 hours with a full tank
Fuel tank capacity: 1.06 gallons
Noise level: 65-67 db
Weight: 59 pounds
Dimensions: L22.2 x W13.3 x H18.4 in.
Outlets 120V 20A,120V 30A,
Engine displacement: 149
Engine: 149 cc Generac OHV 4-stroke
Starting method: recoil
The Generac GP3000i Portable Generator features a simple to use control panel designed to make it user friendly.
PowerDial™ Choke, Run, Off: three operation settings integrated into one simple-to-use dial.
This generator runs on gasoline, a readily-accessible and affordable fuel. You can find gasoline in just about any city, at the local gas station. Compared to propane, diesel, or
natural gas, gasoline is the most affordable. Just be sure to plan accordingly, as gasoline has a relatively short shelf life (1-2 months on average
Wattage & Power Output
3000 starting watts and 2300 running watts.
The Generac is gentle enough to charge delicate devices, yet powerful enough to run a hot plate, microwave or PC. This makes it ideal for use just about anywhere. Extend the life of your phone while you travel, create light and warmth while you camp, or provide backup for the most important amenities in the case of a disaster or power outage at home.
What our customers had to say
One customer experienced a power outage in a hurricane, and they were very impressed with the Generac. Not only was it able to power their lights, but also the cable internet modem and Wifi router, a refrigerator and small freezer, a desktop PC, fans, and a hot plate and microwave, all at once. They were able to control the temperature, enjoy warm food, and watch TV.
This is not just survival, this is survival in comfort and luxury… something a quality generator can provide.
Other customers appreciated the Eco Mode feature, and how lightweight this generator is, and portable. Its quiet function is another popular feature. A few also mentioned that the Generac was nice and easy to start on the first pull.
The main complaints were that a screwdriver is necessary to add oil. It also comes with a specific oil funnel which you need to prevent spillage when adding oil. This can make changing the oil a bit trickier on the trail. The unit also has a fairly average run time on full load but performed better on 25% load. If you intend to use the generator for more than 4-5 hours total, you will need to bring fuel.
Why Choose the Generac GP3000i Portable Generator?
Inverter generators are superior to conventional generators in a few ways. The first and most impressive is the ability of the engine to adjust automatically to a given load. So, if you are running lights, a space heater, and microwave all at once, the invertor will run up to max. However, if you have only something small to charge, the generator will create no more power than necessary, and save fuel.
So, inverters are a fantastic way to conserve fuel. This is both cost-effective and can make for a longer run time as well. Less fuel needed also makes for a smaller tank. Inverter generators are more compact and portable in general.
Finally, inverter generators are often quieter than their conventional counterparts. For campsites and public areas, where noise could be an issue, inverter generators can be ideal.
Portable and Lightweight
The Generac is made especially for use away from home. Its sleek design makes it easy to pack, carry, and stow. At just 60 pounds, it can be stored in a backpack or brought along by itself. A handle is molded to the case. This ensures that it is out of the way, yet available when you need it (moving it from the car to a campsite, for example)
Because the Generac is an inverter generator, it has some special capabilities that conventional generators do not have. One of these is Eco Mode. This sets the unit to adjust its power output according to the load, rather than it running full-throttle constantly. As you can imagine, this can save you a lot of fuel!
Eco Mode should also be called ‘Quiet Mode,’ because the lower function not only conserves fuel but reduces noise as well. The generator will also boast a longer run-time. So, by all means, fire up this generator to its max when necessary. But when you are simply charging a device, or keeping your campsite lit, give the generator an Eco Mode break.
Invaluable in an Emergency
In an emergency, a flashlight is the bare minimum. In the case of a storm or power outage, this generator will not only allow you to turn the lights back on but even power up the space heater to get warm. You can also plug in your microwave. A generator will not only provide the bare minimum amenities, it will even allow you some luxury until
power is restored in your home. Surviving a disaster in comfort is a great way to stay calm.
This generator can run 4-5 hours on one full tank. So, you can use it for a long as you have fuel. Bring some gasoline along with the generator and rev it up at your campsite. With this generator, you can charge your devices, light the area up a night, play music, and even use the microwave. A generator will allow you to bring the comfort of indoor electricity to the beauty of nature.
The quiet function of the Generac makes it ideal for use at campsites and the like.
Before you use any generator on a trip, there are a few things that you should check. First off, make sure that the oil is fresh. If there is already oil in the tank, it has likely gone stale. Be sure to fill the tank anew.
Along with this, ensure that your generator has fresh, new fuel. You may also wish to store some for your trip if you intend to use your generator for more than 4-5 hours total.
To make sure it will function properly out on the trail, give your generator a test now. Connect the devices and appliances you intend to power and make sure that they work.
Once you have ascertained everything is in order, just put your generator in a backpack or carry it with its convenient handle, and you are good to head out on your journey.
Final Thoughts: Generac GP3000I Generator Review
The Generac is a super versatile machine, which proves invaluable for both emergencies, and when it comes to luxury. In a power outage, this generator will have your lights, space heaters, and even microwave on. A generator offers independence.
You can camp in style, and continue to enjoy the benefits of modern technology out in nature. The Generac will provide the electricity for light, warmth, and comfort, anywhere.