A quick search online for a generator will pull up hundreds of results and brands to choose from. However, one of the brands that you’ll see time and time again is Westinghouse, and this is for a good reason.
Westinghouse generators are one of the most popular brands and they are renowned for their reliability, durability, and overall performance. But, as popular as they are, one question about them remains – where are Westinghouse generators made?
Below, we’ll take an in-depth look at Westinghouse generators, exploring their origins and finding out where they are made.
This will help to give you a better understanding of why they are regarded as one of the highest-quality generator brands out there.
- 1 Where Are Westinghouse Generators Made?
- 2 About Westinghouse Generators
- 3 Is It Worth Purchasing A Westinghouse Generator?
- 4 When Would I Need A Westinghouse Generator?
- 5 Selection of Westinghouse Models
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 Final Word
Where Are Westinghouse Generators Made?
Westinghouse generators are a product of Westinghouse Electric Corporation, which is based in the United States of America. It was founded in 1886 by George Westinghouse and the brand continues to conduct business in the US.
They also built the world’s first AC generator in 1891, which was designed and constructed in Colorado, USA.
All Westinghouse generators are designed in the USA, but they are manufactured in China and in Vietnam. So, when it comes to answering the question of where Westinghouse generators are made, the answer is a combination of the US, China, and Vietnam.
Another thing that you should know about Westinghouse generators is that they are developed by engineers local to their US Headquarters. This means that they are fully compliant with all safety regulations.
About Westinghouse Generators
Westinghouse is a brand with 130 years of experience behind them which is the first thing that makes it stand out as a reputable brand. After all, if they weren’t making top-quality products, they wouldn’t have lasted this long!
They are also pioneers in fuel-saving technology, and all Westinghouse generators are designed to consume only as much fuel as they need.
They are also lightweight and super portable, which doesn’t only make them the ideal choice for using around the home but also makes them perfect for taking on camping trips.
Westinghouse also offers a 3-year warranty with their generators as standard, which is a further testament to their quality.
And, in the unlikely event of ever encountering any issues with a Westinghouse generator, you can easily get support and advice from their US-based customer service team.
Is It Worth Purchasing A Westinghouse Generator?
Yes, absolutely! While there are other reputable brands to choose from, few can boast 130 years of experience in designing and manufacturing generators.
The generators that Westinghouse makes are renowned for their durability and this is thanks to their all-steel construction. They also have fully-enclosed electrical wiring and a cast-iron fan guard that provide additional protection to the generator’s inner-workings.
Westinghouse generators are also an excellent choice for anybody that isn’t 100% confident with operating a generator. They have an easy to use, one-touch electric start-up system that takes all of the guesswork out of getting the generator up and running.
They also have a built-in LED screen that gives you an accurate reading of your fuel levels, which is much easier than having to measure them manually.
When Would I Need A Westinghouse Generator?
Westinghouse generators are useful for a variety of purposes and, unlike some other brands, they provide reliability in situations where power is needed as a matter of urgency.
Let’s take a look at some of the circumstances where a Westinghouse generator could be an absolute lifesaver:
- Emergency Backup Power: Westinghouse generators are the ideal choice for providing emergency power during a blackout. Depending on the severity of the issue that caused the power outage, you and your family could be without electricity for several days. However, with a Westinghouse generator, you’ll be able to rest assured that you can still run your essential household appliances.
- Working Outdoors: Whether you’re working on a construction site or you just have some odd jobs to do around your property, a Westinghouse generator will provide reliable power and allow you to use the correct tools for the job. This is ideal if you’re working on a project that’s located far away from an electrical outlet, or if the tool you’re using needs more power than a standard outlet can generate.
- Camping: Going on an off-grid camping trip is something that many families enjoy. However, no matter how far you want to remove yourself from the modern world, there are certain things you’ll still need. A Westinghouse generator is a great way of producing electricity for air conditioning, warmth, lighting, and will generally make roughing it out in the wild a little less, well, rough!
Selection of Westinghouse Models
|Westinghouse WGen9500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator-9500 Rated||Latest Prices on Amazon|
|Westinghouse iGen2200 Super Quiet 2200 Peak Watts||Latest Prices on Amazon|
|Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen3600v||Latest Prices on Amazon|
|Westinghouse WGen Generator Cover - Universal Fit||Latest Prices on Amazon|
|Westinghouse iGen4500 Super Quiet 3700 Rated & 4500 Peak Watts||Latest Prices on Amazon|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are Westinghouse generators reliable?
Westinghouse generators are renowned for their reliability and performance, and their all-metal construction also ensures that they last for a long time.
Westinghouse generators are super easy to use as well and feature innovative electric start-up systems and LED displays for easy monitoring.
Q. Are Westinghouse generators made in China?
Westinghouse generators are designed in the USA with the help of engineers who ensure they meet the highest standards of safety and reliability. They are manufactured in China and in Vietnam.
Q. What company makes Westinghouse generators?
Westinghouse generators are a product of Westinghouse House Electric Corporation. The company was founded in 1886 by George Westinghouse and the brand continues to conduct the majority of its business in the US.
The Westinghouse House Electric Corporation also built the world’s first AC generator in 1891, which was designed and constructed in Colorado, USA.
While Westinghouse generators are one of the most popular models for their reliability and performance, they are also one of the safest generators available.
Their USA-based design team works with local engineers that ensure every generator meets the strictest safety regulations. This offers you the ultimate peace of mind when your Westinghouse generator is running.
They are also super easy to use with their electric start-up system, and the LED display is the perfect extra feature that will help you accurately monitor your fuel consumption.